I agreed with this point when I read the title of the first article, learning is not mechanistic. Because I’m learning something about the way I teach. With the advancement of technology, we also use some things about the internet or electronics in our classes. In the past when teaching classes there was no such technology, so the way of teaching was very simple and boring. Even though technology has advanced and not many teachers are skilled in using these new and innovative technologies. The teachers are not experienced enough to use these technologies. They may only use some simple technology. Although sometimes those electronic technologies can still be boring. But what we need to do is to make learning fun instead of just using these technologies in the classroom. I couldn’t agree more with this. I really like to use little websites to do little in-class quizzes. Rather than having students write papers, these quizzes are given in a sort of mini-competition format. The name of the site is “kahoot”.The background music on the website and the format of the questions will motivate students to learn them. This will help the students to remember the lesson better, which is why we need to use technology to make each class interesting.

However, in the second article, I don’t understand about the three main dimensions of the Community of Inquiry framework and seven principles. How can we apply it in the real world and why it is important? That is one muddiest concept for me. Therefore, I want to know and learn more about this concept.

It never occurred to me that privacy was such an important issue. I thought it was safe to enter our personal information into a computer that only we could see, that it was safe to put our passwords in it. But after reading the article, I was stunned. It turns out that storing it on your computer or uploading it to the internet is not safe. Software like ‘turnitin’ is something we use a lot. So protecting our privacy and personal information online is an extremely important thing.

Stommel, J. (2018). An urgency of teachers: The work of critical digital pedagogy. Hybrid Pedagogy.

Vaughan, N. D., Garrison, D. R., & Cleveland-Innes, M. (2013). Teaching in blended learning environments: Creating and sustaining communities of inquiry. AU Press. [Chapter 1]

Regan, P., & Jesse, J. (2019). Ethical challenges of edtech, big data and personalized learning: Twenty-first century student sorting and tracking. Ethics and Information Technology, 21(3), 167-179. DOI: 10.1007/s10676-018-9492-2